Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > General Bird & Wildife Talk

General Bird & Wildife Talk Say hello & talk about your Garden Wildlife

Old 6th April 2009, 12:13 PM   #1
ScopsOwl

Smile Wildlife today!

My OH went to Sandy this morning which is local to us and he has confirmed that he saw a Kingfisher in the local area. so he was really pleased to see that sighting (I wish I did but I was posting here instead)

Then he saw two Green Woodpeckers sitting on the local 'green' right outside our door so to speak. I could hear them Yaffling close by this morning. So that was interesting.

A Blackbird seranaded right outside my window this morning, along with a couple of Sparrows. Really sweet.

Garden wise we have the usual visitors - Woodpigeons, Stock Doves, Collared Doves, Blackbirds, Sparrows, Dunnocks, Greenfinches, Goldfinches, Chaffinches, Bluetits, Great Tits, Starlings, Robins etc..so the garden area is really busy today too.

There is a feeling that birds are pairing up with their own kind too. So spring is still springing at the moment.

Love this time of the year - nothing like it for birds.

Last edited by ScopsOwl; 6th April 2009 at 12:19 PM.
ScopsOwl is offline     Reply With Quote